Will you be Victorious?The invitation has gone out to everyone on our e-mail list -- which you can join here. If you want to come to this event, but you didn't get the invite, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll forward it to you.
Rules changes, Prototype-3 Release
|The State of the Ars Victor.|
- Ars Victor Quick Reference, Prototype-3
- Ars Victor in (nearly) One Page, Prototype-3
- Empire of Man Unit List
Major changes include:
- Stealth/Decoys were removed. Only one unit used these rules in the Empire of Man list (Scavengers), and it was fairly weak and didn't get used much. I think it added a lot more rules complexity, for a feature that didn't seem to add much. I'll experiment with the Stealth mechanics more once I we start to test the faction list for The Fallen.
- Major Doctrine Changes. After much playtesting, I took a pass at balancing out the doctrines. I eliminated Lucky -- it ended up being inordinately useful, and it had become a must-pick for any army. I also reduced the effectiveness of some of the double-use doctrines, like Fierce.
- Movement Simplification. I eliminated a couple of movement restrictions that have been in the game for a while, but are always a source of confusion for new players. First, units are no longer prevented from entering SLOW terrain when they use their Run movement. Second, units are no longer prevented from using their Small Arms when they Walk into SLOW terrain.